Monday, October 14, 2013

#1208 Nothing is simple

The constant happiness is curiosity.

It's just life.  You can't beat life.

I can't play bridge. I don't play tennis. All those things that people learn, and I admire, there hasn't seemed time for. But what there is time for is looking out the window.

My head was a magpie's nest lined with such bright scraps of information.

In twenty years I've never had a day when I didn't have to think about someone else's needs.  And this means the writing has to be fitted around it. 

The complexity of things- the things within things- just seems to be endless.  I mean nothing is easy, nothing is simple.

Quotes by Alice Munro, Nobel prize winner 2013 for literature.

- What Nobel prize winner of literature have you enjoyed?
- How can you nurture your curiosity?
- What is so complex about many of life's experiences?