Friday, July 19, 2013

#1034 More Myself

Art does the same things dreams do. We have a hunger for dreams and art fulfills that hunger. So much of real life is a disappointment. That's why we have art.

Getting the first draft finished is like pushing a peanut with your nose across a very dirty floor.

I had forgotten that time wasn't fixed like concrete but in fact was fluid as sand, or water. I had forgotten that even misery can end.

I never change, I simply become more myself.

Revenge is living well, without you.

Reading is the sole means by which we slip, involuntarily, often helplessly, into another's skin, another's voice, another's soul.

Quotes by Joyce Carol Oates

- How much do you dream?
- How comforting is the image that time is as fluid as sand or water?
- How much are you becoming more yourself?
- What novel levitated you into another life?