Monday, February 25, 2013

#916 To make allowances

I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions. ~ Augusten Burroughs

I like flaws. I think they make things interesting. ~ Sarah Dressen

A perfect character might be attended with the inconvenience of being envied and hated; and that a benevolent man should allow a few faults in himself, to keep his friends in countenance. ~ Benjamin Franklin

I don't want a perfect character, I want a character who has, as strange as it sounds, some humanity, some flaws, some needs. ~ Nicholas Cage

Only a kind person is able to judge another justly
and to make allowances for his weaknesses.
A kind eye, while recognizing defects,
sees beyond them.  ~Lawrence G. Lovasik

Tags: quotes about flaws, weaknesses, life

- What are your flaws?
- What are some interesting flaws in several of your acquaintances?
- How do flaws in yourself, and in others, enhance life?