Monday, March 3, 2014

#1324 A feat of association

Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor. ~ Truman Capote

I want to change my punctuation. I long for exclamation marks, but I'm drowning in ellipses (...). ~ Isaac Marion

I'm a little pencil in the hand of a writing God, who is sending a love letter to the world. ~ Mother Teresa

Life is a journey. Time is a river. The door is ajar. ~ Jim Butcher

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face. ~ Victor Hugo

Into the darkness they go, the wise and the lovely. ~ Edna St. Vincent Millay

Happiness is a china shop; love is the bull. ~ H. L. Mencken

An idea is a feat of association, and the height of it is a good metaphor.  ~ Robert Frost

Quotes about metaphors and life

- With which of the above metaphors can you identify?
- What other metaphor(s) about life is meaningful for you?