Wednesday, November 20, 2013

#1240 Write your own

Nobody can teach me who I am. You can describe parts of me, but who I am - and what I need - is something I have to find out myself.

People say that if you find water rising up to your ankles, that's the time to do something about it, not when it's around your neck.

Living fire begets cold, impotent ash.

A functioning robust democracy requires a healthy, educated participatory followership, and an educated morally grounded leadership.

When suffering knocks at your door and you say there is no seat for him, he tells you not to worry because he has brought his own stool.

The impatient idealist says: 'Give me a place to stand and I shall move the earth.' But such a place does not exist. We all have to stand on the earth itself and go with her at her pace.

 If you don't like someone's story, write your own.

 Quotes by Chinua Achebe,  Nigerian novelist

- What are your needs?
- How do you cope with suffering?
- What can the earth teach us?