Monday, March 18, 2013

#934 Don't know what to do

Is life not a thousand times too short for us to bore ourselves?  ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The Beatles saved the world from boredom.  ~ George Harrison

...I also believe that introversion is my greatest strength. I have such a strong inner life that I’m never bored and only occasionally lonely. No matter what mayhem is happening around me, I know I can always turn inward.  ~ Susan Cain

The truth is that everyone is bored, and devotes himself to cultivating habits.  ~ Albert Camus

Boredom is the conviction that you can't change ... the shriek of unused capacities.  ~ Saul Bellow

... millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.  ~ Susan Ertz

I’ve got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom.   ~Thomas Carlyle

Quotes about boredom, life

- What keeps you from being bored?
- What can you change about yourself?
- What unused capacity might you begin to cultivate?